Mountain Lodge Lost and Found
Tips to help you find your lost pet
CALL YOUR LOCAL ANIMAL CONTROL AND/OR NON-EMERGENCY POLICE DEPARTMENT
- File a lost pet report and ask where your animal will be taken if s/he is picked up by one of these agencies.
- Inquire about any animals in their care that match your pet's description.
IF THE ANIMAL HAD ID SUCH AS RABIES TAGS OR A MICROCHIP:
- Notify the vet clinic or microchip company and let them know your pet is missing.
- Check that they have current contact information for you.
CHECK THE FOUND PETS & STRAY ANIMALS SECTIONS OF ONLINE LOST & FOUNDs TO SEE IF YOUR PET HAS BEEN FOUND.
- If not found there, post its picture and information to the Lost Pets Bulletin Board.
- Review this online bulletin board every day until your pet is found. (Craigslist, Petfinder, Lost and Pound)
SEARCH YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD EVERY DAY UNTIL YOUR PET IS FOUND.
- Talk to your neighbors and any neighborhood businesses.
- Please DO NOT post signs or pictures about your lost pets within our community. This sounds a bit harsh, but the reality is most people do not take them down when found, and instead we are left with pieces of tape and paper stuck to edifices. The tape gets sticky and leaves stains or collects dirt when removed. Instead, we ask that you send us a picture to post on the website and, we can also send out a mass email to help inform the community of your lost friend.
SEND AN AMBER ALERT FOR PETS TO YOUR COMMUNITY WITH FIND TOTO.
Quick action and personal involvement in the recovery process are key components of recovering your lost pet. Please help your fellow neighbors by keeping an eye out for these runaway (er... Exploring) loved ones.
Mountain Lodge Homeowner Association
The Information Resource for YOUR Neighborhood
Click here to send an email of your lost or found friend. Please include a picture with your contact information.